ASIS International (ASIS) is a global community of security practitioners, each of whom has a role in the protection of assets—people, property, and/or information. Our members represent virtually every industry in the public and private sectors, and organizations of all sizes. From entry-level managers, CSOs and CEOs to security veterans, consultants, and those transitioning from law enforcement or the military, the ASIS community is global and diverse.
Privacy: the bottom line
The information we collect is not used in any way, shape, manner, or form for marketing or sales purposes. The information is not sold to any third parties whatsoever for any reason. The information we obtain is kept in accordance with state, federal, and local laws.
Main policy statement
Information provided to us by any method, in print, by mail, or in electronic or any other form, will NOT be sold, distributed, shared, or provided to any third party for any reason or under any circumstance, unless exceptions to this are boldly and clearly noted and agreed upon with a client, customer, or visitor for a specific purpose. Contact information, names, addresses, email addresses, etc., are used only to communicate with persons providing this information, or to ship items or materials that have been purchased. Information in our possession remains in our possession, and does not leave our organization.
Data Protection Officer
The ASIS Australian Chapters has appointed an internal data protection officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about the ASIS Australian Chapters personal data policies or practices. email@example.com
The ASIS Australian Chapters website does NOT collect identifiable information on its visitors, while we do track numbers of visitors for administrative and informational purposes of our website using various methods.
We do track the number of visitors to our website.
The ASIS Australian Chapters website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices nor the content of those websites. We are not responsible for any viruses or any other possible adverse affect that may be claimed to have occurred as a result of visiting those websites. We provide a link to sites we deem applicable to security, but visitors following those links do so on their own responsibility and by their choice. We disclaim responsibility for the acts of others.
Links or hyperlinks or references or access to other websites that appear on the website(s) and that may be operated or controlled by other individuals, organizations, or corporations, are provided in good faith and for information or service purposes only. We, and our employees or agents, disclaim any responsibility for the materials contained in any website linked to this site or to responsibility for anything that might occur or result from anyone deciding of their own volition to visit such websites.
A number of other websites have links on our site. If you link to their sites, they may collect information. Such sites are not within our control and are not covered by this privacy statement, nor do we represent that we have any responsibility for anything that occurs or may occur on those websites regarding their collection of information or its subsequent use.
- The ASIS Australian chapters host or sponsors many events throughout the year. These include in-person events, as well as live web conferences and classroom programs (collectively “events”). If you register for one of our events and you are a member, we will access the information in your member account to provide you with information and services associated with the event. If you are not a member and you register for one of our events, we will collect your name and contact information, which we will store in our database(s) and use to provide you with information and services associated with the event. We process this information to fulfill the order you have made to receive the event or web conference services.
- If you are a presenter at one of our events, we will collect information about you including your name, employer, contact information, and headshot, and we may also collect information provided by event attendees who evaluated your performance as a presenter. We may also make and store a recording of your voice and likeness in certain instances. the ASIS Australian Chapters relies on a legitimate interest basis for collecting, storing, and processing this information.
- We keep a record of your participation in the ASIS Australian Chapters events as an attendee or presenter. This information may be used to provide you with membership and certification services (for example, keeping track of your continuing professional education (CPE) credits, or to tell you about other events and publications). It may also be used to help the ASIS Australian Chapters understand our members’ needs and interests to better tailor our products and services to meet your needs.
- Some of our events are sponsored in a way that attendance is free of charge. For these events (such as Webinars), the ASIS Australian Chapters provides a post-event registration list to sponsors and/or co-sponsors. Any such event will include notification verbiage on the registration page with a clear ask for opt-in.
- The ASIS Australian Chapters offers a great deal of content for our members. In addition to producing original content, the ASIS Australian Chapters also subscribes to news feeds and blogs produced by others, which we often link to from our website, social media or provide via an email. This means you may find yourself on the ASIS Australian Chapters website or reading an email from the ASIS Australian Chapters publications team and we will offer you a link to another organization’s website where you will find content on interesting topics that we find relevant and useful to you. At these times, you will be leaving the ASIS Australian Chapters website. the ASIS Australian Chapters is not responsible or liable for content provided by these third-party websites or personal information they may happen to gather from you.
- You may wish to subscribe to the ASIS Australian Chapters publications without becoming a member of ASIS International. For example, many people sign up to receive the ASIS Australian Chapters newsletters even though they are not ASIS International members. To receive the ASIS Australian Chapters content by email, you will need to create an account with us, which involves providing the ASIS Australian Chapters with at least your first name, last name and an email address. You may at your own option choose to subscribe to the ASIS Australian Chapters News and updates.
- You may manage your subscriptions by subscribing or unsubscribing at any time. If you have any difficulties managing your email or other communication preferences with the ASIS Australian Chapters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We also conduct surveys that we use to produce original research on the security profession. We do not track individuals but look at information in the aggregate only. Participation in surveys is voluntary.
- If you correspond with us by email, the postal service, or other form of communication, we will retain such correspondence and the information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry; to notify you of the ASIS Australian Chapters conferences, publications, or other services; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and the like. If you wish to have the ASIS Australian Chapters refrain from communicating with you, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Note: if you ask the ASIS Australian Chapters not to contact you by email at a certain email address, the ASIS Australian Chapters will retain a copy of that email address on its “master do not send” list in order to comply with your no-contact request.
- The ASIS Australian Chapters has a legitimate interest in maintaining personal information of those who communicate voluntarily with the ASIS Australian Chapters.
Safeguards of Information & Privacy
- As a matter of security itself, we will not divulge our specific methods in certain areas. However, here are some indicators of the actions and safeguards to protect privacy, information, and assets, which we have in place:
- All employees or persons closely associated with our operations are trained in security matters, policies, and procedures to safeguard customer and client information.
- Methods have been put into place to especially guard information, even on the physical level of record protection.
- Limits are placed upon such persons by providing levels of access to certain information.
- We do not sell customer information to anyone at any time for any reason, not for marketing or any other type of purpose.
- We take reasonable and customary security technology measures on our computers and websites to safeguard access and information, within limits or to certain levels.
- We evaluate our security measures on an ongoing basis, and make serious efforts to improve these as is feasible and reasonable and cost effective.
Specific Website Legal Disclaimer & Privacy Policies
No Representation or Warranties Offered
We make no representations or warranties or of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on our website(s) for any purpose. All such information is provided “as is” and with specific disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and/or non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations of any kind that the services provided by this website will be uninterrupted, error-free, or that the website or the server that hosts the website are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code. In no event or circumstance shall we, our employees or agents, be liable for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages resulting from the use of this website(s) or construed to result therefrom. This exclusion and limitation only applies to the extent permitted by law and is without prejudice to any express provisions to the contrary in any written license or subscription agreement from us, in respect of the use of any online service provided via this website(s).
All materials on this website are copyrighted to us, or other third parties as may or may not be indicated, and are reproduced with permission from the respective copyright owners. All rights to materials on the website are reserved. Logos, photos, written copy, or images are included in these rights. Website materials may be viewed or retrieved or downloaded solely for personal or individual use. No materials may be copied, modified, published, broadcast, or distributed without the prior written permission of us and/or respective copyright owners.